Re: Provider credibility - does it matter? was Re: Inter-provider relations

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Fri Oct 25 17:01:45 1996

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:

> I think the argument is undermined by the fact that peering in Europe is
> in a fairly dismal state.  Were there a MAE-{London, Paris, Prague} I
> somehow think that the big five at least might throw a T3 or two over.

Aw, come-on! LINX (London InterNet eXchange has been
mentioned several time on this list. And Bill Manning has also several
times mentioned which lists exchange
points for both London and Paris and several orther European cities
(though not Prague).

This is basic knowledge here that everyone should know.

> Until that happens, nothing will change.  Maybe as access points start
> springing up in Japan, the Phillipines, etc., the roadblocks to such a
> cooperative project will start to be removed.

There are a couple of exchanges in Japan and the Phillipines people are
working on an exchange but have some political stuff to work through. I
suggest you give the above URL at ISI a thorough study. There is a BIG
world out there beyond the borders of the USA.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049             -               E-mail: