Re: MTU of the Internet?

  • From: Phil Howard
  • Date: Sun Feb 08 00:57:46 1998

Paul A Vixie writes...

> the whole idea of opening multiple tcp sessions "to get better performance"
> is just horrible in any case.  http/1.1 can do serial multiplexing when
> talking to a particular server, and browsers have now got no excuse at all
> for opening more than one connection unless it's to more than one server.

I'm aware of the existance of a protocol for HTTP to persistent connections
where one object/document can be downloaded, and after that is done, another
can be requested and downloaded, and again as needed.  But I know not of any
protocol for multiplexing so that I can have concurrency of the transfers of
multiple images at the same time.  Is there an RFC for this or is it some
other kind of document?

--
Phil Howard | a4b7c9d8@dumb4ads.edu w5x2y1z8@dumb7ads.net ads6suck@anywhere.org
  phil      | stop9738@anyplace.org w2x1y8z3@anyplace.org no12ads2@no6place.net