Re: Above.net off the air

  • From: Rich Sena
  • Date: Sat May 08 08:56:35 1999

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Becki Kain wrote:

> Personally, I'm glad it was posted. I have a friend who has two servers
> at abovenet and they were not told, and definatly not 3 times, what the cause
> of the downtime was.  I realise it is one of the hazards of co-location of
> your servers, not to be able to run to it, but still would be nice to know
> it wasn't your machines that were down.

Hmmm - you may want to check with Avi or their noc@above.net address and
make sure that your friend is actually on their notification list - but I
in fact was notified the 3 times that Avi does speak about - of course I
had already called the NOC re: same moments after it happenend and
informed that Leo was already working on it.  And yes - it was handled
quickly and proffesionally.

--
I am nothing if not net-Q! - ras@poppa.thick.net