Re: Internet Y2K Conference Call

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Dec 23 16:17:23 1999

On Thu, 23 December 1999, "Alan Hannan" wrote:
> Global Crossing is sponsoring a year-end Y2K Voice Conference Call
> for ISPs and NSPs.

Does anyone know how many conference calls will be in progress over
New Year's.  AT&T is providing most of the teleconference bridges for
the big Y2K groups (ICC, I0PS, etc).  There's something to be said for
one of the few telephone companies that has experience with '00 rollovers,
being incorporated in 1885.

But I've also seen press on MCI Worldcom having many different conference
bridges operating over New Year's. And I assume the same is true of other
teleconference providers.

Will this be the "mother's day" of conference bridges?  How many simultaneous
conference calls can the current voice bridge infrastructure support?