Re: Warning: Cisco RW community backdoor.

  • From: SMcGrath
  • Date: Tue Feb 27 16:12:29 2001

Same here
Cisco account manager sent us a notification of the bug.

Adrian Chadd <> on 02/27/2001 08:11:31 AM

Sent by:

To:   Jim Duncan <>

Subject:  Re: Warning: Cisco RW community backdoor.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001, Jim Duncan wrote:

> As a side note, this is a problem with the standards.  In particular,
> how the standards _require_ a function to be implemented.

  Now, if only all other standards were implemented so faithfully
  by all the vendors ..

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

And yes, we received a call at work from our cisco rep outlining the
bug a few days ago. That was really nice of them. Well done guys.

Adrian Chadd        "The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<>  from half way around the world should be viewed
                   as an accident and not a right."
                         -- Adrian Chadd and Bill Fumerola