Re: Faster 'Net growth rate raises fears about routers

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Wed Apr 04 05:09:08 2001

At 07:11 04/04/01 +1000, Philip Smith wrote:

It may also be the concerted effort of certain individuals who have been after the top 10-30 non-CIDRers. I know I have sent out dozens of emails to those ASes since Jan 1 and have gotten, in general, a positive response and many have fixed their systems.

If you look at the graphs though, the routing table growth stopped around the end of the year. I've seen 101k prefixes give or take a few hundred in my view since 31st December.... Also, the number of /24s being announced has stopped growing. It's been 58k5 for the last 3 months...

Routing table growth is following the state of the Internet economies? Looks like it to me.