Re: cuts graphics (fwd)

  • From: Steve Bellovin
  • Date: Tue Sep 11 15:46:08 2001

Reposted with permission.

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:19:02 -0400
From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <>
To: Steve Bellovin <>
Subject: Re: cuts graphics

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:39:56AM -0400, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> has switch to very low graphics, in a very good response to the
> congestion they have to be experiencing. has had a graceful degradation process in place for some years,
but this is the hardest I've *ever* seen them cut it (logo and text;
that's it.)

Google also has a cached version of an earlier page, with a front page

(I'm not on-list at the moment; feel free to repeat)

- -- jra
- --
Jay R. Ashworth
Tampa Bay, Florida             +1 727 804 5015

   "Usenet (and fanfic): it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me

------- End of Forwarded Message

		--Steve Bellovin,