Re: not in the databases

  • From: Philip Smith
  • Date: Wed Nov 28 15:10:17 2001

At 17:48 27/11/2001 -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
In message <>, Philip Smith writes:
>My theory is that DISO-UNRRA were originally allocated through
> in the classful world - these are all in the ARIN DB under
>various military guises. When CIDR came along, it seems that someone must
>have decided that because was now available and part of a
>bigger block, it could be added to the announcement, etc...?
>There are a total of four like this:
>Network Origin AS Description
> 10455 Lucent Technologies

Umm -- how does Lucent fit into that? Last I checked, it wasn't part
of DoD.
Where did I say that Lucent was part of DoD? ;-) I said there were a total of four announcements where the first /16 was announced as part of a larger CIDR block, but not listed as being allocated to anyone...

It seems to me that in these 4 cases the organisations concerned simply decided that CIDRisation meant that the first /16 was theirs...