Re: FW: FW: /8s and filtering

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Tue Dec 10 17:07:04 2002

Arin 2003-3 was a (less detailed) attempt to do the same thing

I suspect that a suitable combination of all of these proposals would have
a good chance of getting through.

Marshall Eubanks

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 04:52 PM, Forrest wrote:

Now, however, that ARIN is discussing proposals such as 2002-5, 2002-6 and
2002-7 (with 2002-5 & 2002-6 most likely being passed within few months)
ARIN maybe put in position of assigning smaller then /20 blocks and that
is why I suggested on ARIN ppml mailing list that current micro-allocation
wording about assiging small blocks from specifically designated larger
blocks be made a separate policy that would apply to all small allocations &
asignments being made directly by ARIN. If you think its a good idea to
make this a policy, please do send your feedback to ARIN or bring it up
on ppml mailing list and then ARIN can work on this futher to make it a

Proposal 2002-7 is exactly what is needed in my opinion. I wish I'd seen
it before I posted here earlier, since it basically identifies every
problem I mentioned.

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc.
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail :

Test your network for multicast :
 Status of Multicast on the Web  :