Re[2]: Get as much IP space as you ever dreamed of, was: Re: Looking to buy IPv4 addresses from class C swamp

  • From: Richard Cox
  • Date: Tue Apr 29 23:20:55 2003

On 30 Apr 2003 02:23 UTC, "Roland Verlander" <> wrote:

| And look at the whois it shows its a assignment SWIP'd to a spammer
| by an ISP. Yeah, I'm sure that thats a zombie.

I'm reasonably sure it is (or was).  Two main reasons:

(1) It should have been routing to Romania (AS2614 or AS3233)- it was
    actually routing to or via Denmark (announced by AS16186).
(2) when the situation was pointed out, the route was quickly killed.

Same with belongs to German company Kloeckner Stahl Bremen
but (parts of) it were being announced by Ayayai in Panama.

Teleglobe have stopped that routing - hence a large number of blocks
were suddenly de-announced and now seems to be clean.

Richard Cox