Re: BTinternet problems?

  • From: Mike
  • Date: Thu Jun 19 11:10:48 2003

Mike wrote:

We're receiving multiple complaints about problems reaching anything @bt. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Grrr....Three days later, BT is now telling their customers that somehow, this is our fault. I find it rather odd that everyone in the world can reach us, *except* BT customers, yet it is our fault.

NB, this only affects some of our address space (I received one confirmation report that another AS is also affected by this). I have tried four different peers, and it doesn't make a difference where I send outbound packets.

I have sent mail to every address @BT that looks like it might possess clue, to no avail. This is a general plea for help- if anyone has an idea of how I might resolve this, I would be very grateful...

From inside BT, looking at one of our clients colo'd servers:

Tracing route to []
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 192 ms 110 ms 27 ms
2 14 ms 14 ms 13 ms
3 27 ms 14 ms 14 ms
4 14 ms 13 ms 14 ms
5 14 ms 14 ms 13 ms
6 96 ms 82 ms 82 ms
7 [] reports: Destination
host unreachable.

Trace complete

Well, no duh.... Going to I read "Concert, the AT&T and BT global communications venture, was legally closed on 1 April 2002".

Ok, so WTF are they sending packets for us that way then???