RE: AOL fixing Microsoft default settings

  • From: Brian Knoblauch
  • Date: Fri Oct 24 08:27:45 2003

	I've already seen an interesting side effect from a disabled messenger service...  With one of those new low-price
Intel hardware modems in a P4 running XP, the system will not shutdown properly after a dial-up session with messenger
disabled...  Just an FYI in case confused AOLers start swamping your helpdesks...  :-)