North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Re: hybrid approaches (Re: "Default" Internet Service)
- From: Matthew Sullivan
- Date: Mon Jun 14 23:53:45 2004
Edward B. Dreger wrote:
Apologies for forking yet another thread from one which I myself*applause*
have been largely ignoring. AFAICT, though, most posts have
shown little interest in combining different approaches:
* Provide a "default" sandbox.
* Allow unrestricted access -- perhaps after a quiz, perhaps when
a user activates a form.
* Let IDS trigger sandbox mode.
* Provide IDS-triggered-sandbox override for those who agree in
writing to <blah>.
* Anyone in the IDS-proof class who spews filth deserves to be
* Use different IP ranges for different service classes. Flag in
rwhois, a special RRTYPE, or whatever suits one's fancy. (This
assumes that providers could agree on a standard.)
Perhaps no one tactic fixes everything. Fine. I readily admit
that the above combination isn't a miracle cure. But is there a
moderate chance for improvement? I think so.
Whilst I may not communicate it sometimes - this sums up all my thoughts
on the matter quite neatly, you have my whole hearted support.