Re: MCI problems - LA?

  • From: Chris Moody
  • Date: Wed Oct 20 19:50:35 2004

just got a call from MCI, informing me of a "catastrophic fiber cut" in
the area.  The tech indicated that we have a DS3 through them that "may
see a considerable performance hit" as they are performing the repairs.

Apparently this cut affects MCI, Verizon, AOL, and several other providers
which he named off.

Their internal Ticket # and callback info is as follows if anyone has
Ticket #: 7448 - Created Oct. 10th

Hope this gives some insight.  The tech that called did not yet know the
nature or cause...but would inform me as they got word.