Re: UN Panel Aims to End Internet Tug of War by July

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Mon Feb 21 13:56:19 2005

I forgot to reference an (ironic) article that Reuters
posted back in July 2004 entitled "U.N. Internet Policy
Off Course, Pioneer Says"...

The only reference I can find of it at the moment

which is culled from the United Nations Development
Programme, Knowledge Systems in Development (Viet Nam)
mailing list.

- ferg

My favorite quote(s) from this very brief article:

"Right now, the most recognizable Internet governance
body is a California-based non-profit company, the
International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

"But developing countries want an international body,
such as the U.N.'s International Telecommunication
Union (ITU), to have control over governance -- from
distributing Web site domains to fighting spam."

- ferg

"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 Engineering Architecture for the Internet or