Re: v2.0

  • From: Pim van Pelt
  • Date: Wed Nov 30 15:13:17 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 08:33:07AM +0100, Pim van Pelt wrote:

The zonefile creation algorithm has been tested and cross referenced
with Sabri's earlier work. I have finished the distribution process
last week and let it run for the first time unattended last night. All
is well, so from now on the zone can be publically queried.

The following records are generated:
* and
  o A records, for prefixes registered in country with ISO3166 code
  o TXT records to a tuple of "AS=12859 URL=";

* and
  o A records, for all prefixes from the given AS
  o TXT records to a tuple of "CC=NL URL=";

* and
  o A records 127.0.0.X, where X is a unique number per CC or 255 for unknown
  o TXT records to a tuple of "AS=12859 CC=NL URL=";

The zonefile contains 9M prefixes and is about 1GB in filesize. Example
queries (sorry for the long line length) are:

More information on ASCC is on

A big thankyou goes out to Mike Damm, David Coulson, Nuno Vieira and
Markus Stumpf for their support so far. I'll get back to you on the
operational details soon!

Met vriendelijke groet,
BIT BV / Ing P.B. van Pelt