RE: WMF patch

  • From: Fred Heutte
  • Date: Wed Jan 04 16:38:19 2006

More info.  This seems pretty reasonable:

Steve Gibson is also mirroring Guilfanov's bypass, and says
Microsoft's cryptographically signed but unreleased patch
is floating around the net now:

In my reading this is a serious vulnerability, but the self-
inflating agitation in the "security community" has reached
a highly annoying level.  I'm in the FTDT (fix the damn thing)
school; let's deal with it and get on with it.  Every cycle spent
moaning about the faults of Microsoft is a lost opportunity
for something more productive.

Back to /usr/lurk . . .