North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Re: Open Letter to D-Link about their NTP vandalism
- From: Alain Hebert
- Date: Tue Apr 11 16:57:20 2006
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:00:14 CDT, Robert Bonomi said: Yeap ... cooperate... Which DLink is not doing.
1) _Who_says_ it is 'false data'? *Who*knows* what that machines is 'supposed'
I think if you are handing another machine an NTP packet that's intentionally
to provide TO WHOM?
set several months off just to get them to shut up, you *know* the answer
to "is it false data".
I submit that;
1) If the query originator is 'entitled' to make assumptions about what the
2) It would seem that the server operator is *equally* 'entitled' to make
assumptions about what the query means, and
3) to respond in a manner consistent with _his_ understanding of what the
query originater 'wanted'.
If the query originator fails to 'get what he wanted', due to his failure
I suppose pointing out that the Internet works because providers *cooperate*
to communicate _in_advance_ with the server operator, *WHO* is to blame?
and *agree on protocols* would be pointless....
All legal discussion end the same way... a dead end.
Half are scared by lawyer and the other have enought intestinal
fortitude to put them in there place.
(At the bottom of the sea hopefully)
Alain Hebert firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 175 Beaconsfield, Quebec H9W 5T7
tel 514-990-5911 http://www.pubnix.net fax 514-990-9443