Re: insane over-regulation - what not to do

  • From: David W. Hankins
  • Date: Wed Jun 21 14:05:35 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 10:36:04AM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> the whole thing as a piece.  it looks to be a, likely well-meaning,
> attempt by a gang of bureaucrats and a fancy consultant to put the
> universe in a glass jar and preserve it.  from end user, to net
> operations, to infrastructure, to administration, to law.

There is one thing in here which has great amusement appeal to me:

	g. ensure compliance with accepted International technical
	   standards in the provision and development of electronic
	   communications and transactions;

The protocol police!

It sounds like they're going to create an Industry Forum (GHANOG?),
which may produce a "voluntary industry code."

About like our housing code in the US.

That's going to be fun to watch.

David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."