Re: dns - golog

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu Oct 19 10:48:07 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:50:37 +0200, Luke Besson said:
> Can you suggest me any objective reason in order to invalidate this
> proposal?

Others have pointed out that wildcarding *might* work when done to consenting
HTTP traffic.  It certainly doesn't work very well if applied to non-consenting
HTTP, or non-HTTP.

On the other hand, if your policy-makers want to get a piece of the big
revenue stream and positive PR that Verisign and Earthlink got when they
deployed similar schemes, there isn't much I can do other than channel
Randy Bush at you....