RE: link between Sprint and Level3 Networks is down in Chicago

  • From: Olsen, Jason
  • Date: Fri Nov 10 10:02:35 2006

Charlie said:
> I would be interested in comparing notes with anybody else
> affected by the issue - or if anybody has heard an actual
> explanation from Sprint/L3.

Things started to clear up for us at around 1443 Central, so it wasn't
too long after I posted my original inquiry to the list.  By 1500
Central it seemed to be fully functional.  Over at our experience seemed to be reflected in
that the Network Availability metric for the Sprint/L3 intersection
started creeping back up from 80%.

This morning at 0830 I got a phone call from the BSAC folks at Sprint,
who said it was exclusively a routing issue within L3.  When I pressed
for details all I got was the same answer. Make of that what you will.