North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Re: Hotmail blackholing certain IP ranges ?
- From: Al Iverson
- Date: Wed Apr 25 16:06:20 2007
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=cg8x+7UozFstCHfr2a8z+++cO82INnlZXcw4O6OvBw+yExr1Px0gaVVNfME53XbgrQXCCyX7zX+nDbgxvsLXoF1Ri++XrNDq9COdcl3MdIGzNzjU5jwBJO/e76Uz7hdi7HbxCkCOo+rljA8M5bMUSJJNv/+/QpeZG0QU0PAa7d4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=Sk8UGleK4yRPWuyJRXDE+xAAdle3q0IQdxk3lW1dJFrnPhQDuaahm+mTMDOnKGJC65pAnvXf+Vf3NPoDDlawS3gb0yK5Za2JjQIQTKYjyiK8Pv1nLvGHsUBtTLpEvM4oYbRK9S+HTxqMK3MMnamAEUi8JccXQOJNxn1R/gw2Tgg=
On 4/25/07, Jeroen Wunnink <jeroen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone have a clue why hotmail is appearantly blocking certain IP
Yeah, Hotmail's spam filtering recently got very aggressive. The short
version is that they are being pounded so hard by botnets and other
malicious spam/phish delivery vectors that IPs that have never sent
mail to Hotmail users start out with a negative reputation in
Some info (admittedly, not too detailed, but it's all I could find handily):
Short version of what can be done:
- Ensure any host sending mail has working forward/reverse DNS.
- Start signing mail with Sender ID.
- Contact Hotmail here: http://tinyurl.com/2byyts
- Wait and hope for a response.
It's impacting a lot of folks right now, from what I can see. Hotmail
has been very slow to address (or even respond) in some instances. I
theorize that this is because they are receiving a lot of contact
about this issue, but certainly don't know that for sure.
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverabilty, see http://www.spamresource.com
News, stats, info, and commentary on blacklists: http://www.dnsbl.com
Currently on a bus somewhere between Indianapolis and Chicago, USA