Re: Using 32 bit ASN numbers

  • From: andy lam
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 11:29:37 2008

Cisco IOS XR Software Release 3.4.0 adds support for BGP Authentication Key Chaining, BGP 4-Byte Autonomous System Number (ASN), and BGP Next Hop tracking enhancements.
BGP 4-Byte ASN—Increases the range of supported autonomous systems from 2 bytes to 4 bytes to scale with expected Internet growth.
12.2SR* is supposed to be in late 2008, but has not yet been announced publicly.
Juniper it's in JUNOS 9.1 as farr as I can tell.