Re: Yahoo DNS broken?

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Thu Dec 04 01:01:34 2008

At 03:47 PM 03-12-08 -0500, Cat Okita wrote:

Can someone from Akamai report as to what happened? I did not see any notice on EdgeControl but I did get email from my auto-alerts set up at Akamai as follows:
-------------------------------
NAME: DNS failure
TYPE: Origin DNS Failure
SERVICE: HTTP Content Delivery
START TIME: Wed, Dec 3, 12:42 GMT 2008
STOP TIME: Wed, Dec 3, 12:50 GMT 2008

DATA:
      CP Code:                     32023
      CP Code Description:         WAA
      Hits:                        53
      Errors:                      5
      Alert Condition (% Errors):  8
      Alert Threshold:             1
      Edge IP:                     0.0.0.0

The Origin DNS Failure Alert indicates errors when Akamai edge servers are unable
to reach the origin server because they're unable to resolve the DNS name.

So I'm curious as to what happened.

Thanks,
Hank

Looks like some of akamai's nameservers have misplaced themselves and yahoo.

cheers!