Re: What to do when your ISP off-shores tech support

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Wed Dec 24 13:02:17 2008

Randy Bush wrote:

On 08.12.24 12:43, Jay Hennigan wrote:

Matthew Black wrote:

I've had difficulties reaching anyone with a brain
at my DSL provider Verizon California.

Switch to a local ISP with local tech support.

Uh, ditto? Having left SoCal a couple of years ago, my data is a bit stale. However, I happily used XO+Covad in three separate locations (in SoCal). DSLExtreme also has (or at least had) a good reputation. Verizon sucks. In fact, since you are in the Long Beach area, they suck even more than they do other places. Vote with your feet.

The histories of mankind are histories only of the higher classes.

Thomas Malthus