How to obtain windowed ping.

  • From: Matt Mathis
  • Date: Mon May 09 15:59:29 1994

After some false starts, I am finally ready to distribute the *sources* to
windowed ping.  Plans to distribute binarys have been abandoned.

I have already sent out the first round.  If you think you requested it but
haven't seen anything, send your request again.

The paper is in ftp.psc.edu:pub/net_tools/WPing.ps .

--MM--

----------------

Due to windowed ping's potential danger to the Internet, we are taking
measures to limit its distribution.  At this time we are only releasing the
code to people who support some aspect of the global Internet, including
network researchers, router vendors, and network service providers.  We are
not releasing windowed ping to people who have no use for it except to harass
their network providers.

To obtain a copy, send mail to [email protected]  In the body of the message
present some sort of credentials or justification.  A citation in a network
service directory, network performance research paper or product literature
will suffice.