RE: GBLX Fiber Cut - San Fran or Oakland

  • From: Karyn Ulriksen
  • Date: Fri Sep 08 16:21:08 2000

The sent out the following at 11:36am (Pacific):

At 09:40 PDT on Friday, September 8, 2000, Global Center, a Gloabal
Crossing company, began experiencing a Network Service Oautage. The cause
of this outage is a fiber cut. Our engineers are actively working on it.
Some customer sites hosted in or transiting the following location(s) may
be affected during this incident:

            San Francisco, Ca  (SFO1)
            Sunnyvale, Ca    (SNV,1,2,3)
            Kansas City, Mo  (KCY1)

Another notification will be sent out giving additional information as
soon as it becomes available.

Global Center ticket #20000908189 has been created to track this outage.

If you have questions regarding this email notification, wish to be
removed from the customer list or require further assistance, please send
Email to '[email protected]' or call 1-800-541-9888, outside the US
dial +1-602-416-7187. Please refer to the above ticket number when
referring to this incident. Thanks!