Re: update

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Mon Sep 25 21:14:10 2000

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 08:19:58PM -0700, Troy Davis wrote:
> hasn't created a BGP blackhole announcement out of lack of
> time and because, at least while some significant sites are on it, we
> doubt many people would use it.  Interestingly, looking at the top
> smurf-announcing ASNs, an average American backbone could block easily
> half of them and barely notice.

I've been very quiet on the scanning for smurf amps thing... which is
contrary to my nature :-)

However, I would really not like to see a BGP based listing of smurf
amps based on results from scanning.

E-mailing network operators who have smurf amps that happen to not have been
abused (maybe its a /30 with little bandwidth) smacks of UBE to me... and
you shouldn't be listing without notification...

John Payne    [email protected]                    Fax: +44 870 0547954
        To send me mail, use the address in the From: header