Re: RFC1918 addresses to permit in for VPN?

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Mon Jan 01 03:39:46 2001

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Dana Hudes wrote:
> why are you arguing over it? Haven't we had this discussion 3 or 4 times
> in the last 3 years?

DOn't you mean 3 or four times in the last 6 months?  I would like to say
that it is because we have more people in charge of routing policy for the
new ASNs being assigned chiming in wanting advice.  The truth of the
matter is that even some of the GrayBeards on the list refuse to yield to
common sense, RFCs or not and that 90% of the applicants for ASNs have no
clue what NANOG is.

Too bad.  I know that NANOG has been an invaluable source for me.

John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc