Re: data center space

  • From: Jim Popovitch
  • Date: Mon Apr 24 22:44:49 2006

Lincoln Dale wrote:
I suggest you talk to some of the folks you work with that have to deal with
synchronous replication.

In the world of storage networking & synchronous I/O, typically anything
higher than 1 msec round-trip latency is too high.
True, but 2ms latency in syncing a backup system is much better than 1 month complete loss of service due to *poor* continuity planning. We all know what the next big threats are (nuclear and/or biological), is it worth the risk that the next (and there will be) event is small enough not to affect an area 65 miles across?

-Jim P.