Re:

  • From: tariq biziou
  • Date: Mon Dec 10 14:01:51 2007
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=P4MepSM6lkLXbXH/9TUHwwX198/fHLCJZex1SJHD+gk=; b=UX/nMERweqvLExhAGix9xtOV4fLzvp392GZVwdO3PYrNppoTtMr4tM+uwbNMkEwBXuGYBgUvtjdXq8zn3sEdOzluJLh37S2ujNwDXQtgN/9hyIwrSa6BS7nVXEIwWhIXfB3B31b3mR7VhAgi8ConHAWN63ngo6gyrFQ9ssxltDw=

>>> I am looking for a typical percentage of external(inter-domain)
>>> routes versus typical percentage of internal (intra-domain) routes in
>>> a core router with couple of hundred thousand entries in the routing
>>> table. Can anyone please help me in this?
>>
>> I think first you have to decide what a typical AS looks like. The
>> question, as it stands, is too general for any answer to be (in)defensible.
>
> Assuming you are talking about service providers and not their
> enterprise customers, you can probably get a fairly decent number by
> looking at routing announcements for whatever you'd call a typical
> network. Say...
>
> AS (vendor L) routes / total routes or AS (vendor V) / total routes.

It's important to keep in mind that internal deaggregation for
different networks can be very high. /30s may be carried for private
interconnects as an example.

--
--tariq